Weekly StandUp #22: What Happened at OpenCorporates
This post is the part of a weekly blogpost series updating you on what’s going on at OpenCorporates this week. Want to help us get more data? Claim a mission!
Data the OpenCorporates team is scraping…. from the Data team
Shyam and Peter Evans is worked on the US business licenses data and a freshness monitor for how recent data is within OpenCorporates.
New Feature: You can now sort through companies by whether they are inactive or not.
5 word update on what mysterious problem solving they are up to…. from the Dev team
Lukas: Making more data appear in company pages
Peter: Getting data from Turbot into OpenCorporates quickly
Seb: Support + Analysing data
Bots submitted by community members…. from Peter Evans.
This week we’re going to do something different. We have big news to share! Here is Hera(me!) with our volunteers last night, winning the Open Data Business awards at the Open Data Institute awards. It was a spectacular night and we want to thank our community for supporting us on this difficult but important journey! More on this in a separate blogpost!
The next #FlashHacks is…
- Shyam has done no food experiment this week. It’s all been about work!
- Seb: “made holes in a tupperware box with a dremel to fit power sockets for my tempeh incubator prototype”. Hmm….
- Ben: “the usual balance sports”
- Hera (me!) revisited lean startup methodology after months and read some of the iterations people have done to the business model canvas.
- Chris is in New York and Washington this week!