Original post by: Elizabeth Tyson, Eye on Earth Summit 2015 Official Blogger Software systems are divided into two parts, the front end and the back end, to help identify issues, put a complex system into boxes and to simplify maintenance. Back …

Eye on Earth Summit: Data Supply Read more »

By Shadrock Roberts, Resilience Network Initiative Director Today we’re excited to release this video that highlights Ushahidi’s work in Indonesia and how we’re finding resilience in unexpected places; using the convening power of open data to connect citizens to city …

Mapping Community Resilience in Indonesia {Video} Read more »

It is often stated that technology is not a panacea solution to any problem, especially problems in governance and citizen engagement. Here at Ushahidi we often say that technology is only 10% of the solution. The other 90% is about people …

Building Bridges Between Citizens and Governments Read more »

(Blog post by Hyshyama Hamin, Programme Office, Making All Voices Count) The concept of pitching competitions and incubation is not at all new in the tech and innovation space, where individuals, groups and organizations have pitched ideas for start-ups, apps …

Reflections on #Tech4Gov Competition in Pakistan Read more »