18 August 2015
INASP has launched in Open Access Week Competition for 2015. The competition is open to representatives of institutions and organisations from INASP partner or network countries.
This year, Open Access Week will take place from 19 to 25 October. INASP, in collaboration with UNESCO, is hosting a competition to provide small contributions of $500 for 10 successful applicants to help cover costs related to showcasing the activities that universities and research institutions within developing and emerging countries are planning and doing.
The activities might include:
- Creating greater understanding of Open Access or the Open Access movement;
- Increasing wider awareness and use of institutional repositories;
- Promoting and providing training in Open Access resources;
- Showcasing the open source software being used;
- Using the opportunities provided by Open Access policies to create, share and – improve access to information and electronic resources; or
- Having fun with your own competitions or displays.
The deadline for applications is 31 August.